Michael focuses his practice on commercial litigation matters and internal investigations and serves as Of Counsel at the firm. He has represented top company executives in arbitration, authored pleadings and substantive briefs, negotiated and drafted settlement agreements, assisted in conducting internal investigations of Fortune 100 companies, and participated in all levels of discovery including managing teams of 100+ attorneys and staff. He also has significant experience with outside auditors, investigative advisors, and discovery consultants.
Between college and law school, Michael became one of the youngest people to ever run for public office in a major city in New Jersey when, at the age of 21, he ran for Mayor of New Brunswick, New Jersey. After law school, Michael worked as a litigation associate at Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP in New York City before creating TheAlternativePress.com, an all-online daily hyperlocal newspaper in New Jersey. Michael currently serves as the newspaper's Chief Executive Officer and General Counsel.
- New Jersey, 2003
- New York, 2003
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2004
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2004
- Stanford Law School, Stanford, California
- J.D. - 2003
- Rutgers University
- B.A. magna cum laude - 1998
- "Mixed Messages from Government on Suspicious Activity Reports", New York Law Journal, with Michael S. Schachter, 2006
- Criminal and Enforcement Litigation, Annual Review of Developments in Business and Corporate Litigation, with Benito Romano, Mei Lin Kwan-Gett, Michael S. Schacter, et. al., 2007 and 2008 Editions
Pro Bono Activities
- Board of Directors, New Providence Business & Professional Association
- Communications Committee Member, Summit Area YMCA
- Member, Rotary Club of Berkeley Heights